Don’t you love giving your skin some Spa time?
I tend to do it at least once a week, usually when I have plenty of time after dinner and I am not too tired to go directly to bed.
A good facial spa-time for me must contain some Scrubbing and also a great Face Mask afterwards. Today, I will analyse a list of Facial Scrubs I have used and I have found interesting.
Please bear in mind that my skin is quite sensitive and also acne prone for some years now, so the products I have used are the ones that correspond to this description of skin condition.
My TOP 6 Scrubs are:
- Clarifex Facial Scrub: This is a quite hard option. The blue micro-spheres in it are bigger and sharper than usual and the effect is quite strong for skin. However, it is really effective to clean pores and it helps to reduce blemishes and make light marks vanish. The surprise is that when applying it onto skin, it generates a lot of foam so I suppose there must be some kind of cleanser agents in it. This option is definitely thought to be used at night because your skin becomes quite red afterwards.
- Clinique Exfoliating Scrub: This one contains menthol, an ingredient which is supposed to be good to fight spots and heal blemishes. Because of that, it is very refreshing, it really gives your skin a feeling of freshness and pureness. The micro-spheres are perfectly rounded in shape so it is not as harsh as the Clarifex option. Clinique presents this as the perfect Scrub for oilier skin but I prefer the following one.
- Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream: A favourite. Lovely creamy texture, makes your skin feel purified and cleaned without any redness after application. On the contrary, my skin is extremely soft after using it, I love the feeling and the appearance it gives to my skin. It is the scrub whose application I enjoy the most.
- Kanebo Silk Peeling Powder: Simply great. Not a scrub containing any spheres, but just white powder to emulsionate in the contact with water and apply gently to skin. Lovely effect, your skin is perfectly clean, exfoliated to the maximum but without any redness at all and feeling totally comfortable and calm. The bad side is that it is the most expensive exfoliator of my top 6 list.
- Avene Gentle Exfoliating Scrub: Extremely gentle, extremely soft and a lovely peachy smell. The little spheres are orange in colour and they simply disappear when you massage the product onto your skin. It really does exfoliate but in a gentle way, so it is a good option for the sensitive skins. However, not so effective against blemishes and spots. A light effect to get rid of dead cells.
- Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser: This product is a cleanser and an exfoliator all in one. It has a lovely smell of orange. I do not recommend it as a makeup remover but it is a fantastic mild cleanser after using a good makeup remover or in the mornings. It makes your skin feel very soft and really clean. I like this one as you can use it as often as you want because it is not aggressive at all.
So this is a summary of the Scrub products I recommend the most. Are there any other scrubs you would like to mention?